Do you know the stages of the criminal process? Here we indicate the specifications of each of them…
1. Preliminary Investigation Phase: The Prosecutor collects elements of conviction of charge and discharge, which allow him to decide whether or not to formulate the accusation. It can last up to two years maximum.
2. Stage of Fiscal Investigation: Its purpose is to determine elements of conviction, charge and discharge, which allow or not to formulate an accusation against the processed person. This stage can last 90 and up to 120 days.
3. Stage of Evaluation and Trial Preparation: The assigned Judge summons the parties to a preliminary hearing where issues of procedure, prejudice, jurisdiction and procedure are resolved, procedural validity is established, assesses and evaluates the elements of conviction on which it is based the prosecution, the elements of conviction that are illegal are excluded and it is determined whether or not to proceed to a trial hearing. It is carried out in a maximum of 15 days from the receipt of the opinion of the Prosecutor.
4. Trial: It is the main stage of the process. It is substantiated on the basis of the prosecution, the court will pass judgment on the basis of the evacuated evidence. A trial must be called in no more than 10 days nor less than 5 days.
5. Challenge: Allows the procedural subjects to challenge the judgment, order or resolution and thus obtain a resolution favorable to the interests of the challenging party